Monday, December 19, 2016

An Apology

Sorry

Dear Black Aces,

I'm sorry. I'm so so SO sorry I doubted you. I should have known that even though you've been going through a bit of a rough patch lately, that even if maybe the puck hasn't been bouncing your way the last game or 5, that you would find a way to crawl out of that Black Hole and pull out an unlikely win.

I mean sure, the defense has been like swiss cheese the last few games but that was no reason to think they would continue to act like big black pylons forever. Which is what, if I'm being honest here (and my therapist says I have to start being honest if I'm to ever grow as a human being) I was thinking when you were down 3-2 to the Battlers last game.

Oh sure there was still another period left, but how was I to know that this would be the game everyone decided to man up and "git 'er done" as they say out in the rural areas? There I was, doing my best to stay awake inspire the team behind the bench, and all I could think of when the Aces fell behind again was "I think there's some leftover pizza in the fridge at home... mmmmm, pizza". So I left. I fled. I bolted. I scurried out of there like the last rat out of a burning Denny's.

I'm not proud of the decision I made, but you know what? You would have done the same thing. Our best player and top scorer was MIA, it was freezing cold in Phil White Arena, and all I could think of was that delicious pizza, a cold beer, and my feet up on the couch watching Just for Laughs Gags. God those French bastards are le funny.

So please accept my apologies for not being there for your epic comeback to take down the B-team 4-3. I missed Simon tie the game on a laser-like shot from the point, and I missed the lovely go-ahead goal by Bruce on a perfect pass from Simon. Sure I saw Ralph bury a goal earlier, and I saw Bruce shovel one into the net in the Phil Esposito Style, but I missed the rally and most importantly I missed seeing that giant hairy-assed monkey being bitch-slapped off your backs.

Please forgive me, men. I swear it will never happen again.

Aubrey
Black Aces Spiritual Leader and Chief Financial Officer

PS - Please enjoy this heartwarming comeback story from another great TV show, Parks and Rec.


No comments: