Monday, January 29, 2018

Battlers Allege Inappropriate Touching

"It was his stick"

After their most recent game against COTHL rivals the Black Aces, the Bloor Street Battlers are contending that several of their players were touched in an aggressive and wholly inappropriate manner by Aces defenseman James D. These instances, the Battlers allege, happened over a period of several games but came to a head in the 3rd period of their 1-1 tie on January 24.

"I went into the corner in the Aces end, and all of a sudden I felt something hard between my legs... it was his stick..." said a visibly distraught Battlers winger (names are being withheld to protect identities). "I was so angry, but I couldn't say anything because I didn't think anyone would believe me. Les wasn't watching the play, and it all happened so fast."

Other Battlers are also alleging similar incidents in past games. "It's always him, always the same guy" sobbed another Battlers forward "It feels good to finally get this out in the open. He's so mean!"

Rumours about James' play have apparently been circulating for years, but until now no one has come forward with any specific allegations. Even the Aces themselves may have been aware but did nothing about it, choosing instead to defend their teammate.

"Sure he plays a little rough sometimes, but that's just James" said teammate Pete T. "And besides, those Battlers were asking for it. They knew what they were getting into."

"I have no idea what those guys are talking about" said James after the game. "My intentions are always honourable, but if my opponents have somehow misinterpreted my actions then I'm sorry for that."

The Aces continue to show signs of improvement, though their chances at another President's Cup have long since evaporated. A solid game in the nets by veteran John M and some good positional play by everyone else kept the blackshirts competitive for 3 periods. A nice play between Rich W and Bruce H for the Aces' lone goal proved once again that the older generation can still get it up.


No comments: