Monday, October 19, 2015

Double Victory for the Aces

The Black Aces kept their undefeated streak alive in their latest game, pulling out a 4-4 tie against arch rivals the Wyse Guys. This means the Aces have not lost in their last 10 games going back to their triumphant 2014-2015 season, including the playoffs. A pair of goals for power forward Mark plus one each for Ralph and Mike were enough to get over some weird goals that got past Aces' netminder John.

New man Alex finally was granted permission from all 6 of his girlfriends to attend the game and put in a solid game on D.

In related news, the Aces somehow took the St Paul's riding in the Federal election tonight, edging out the Liberal, NDP and CPC candidates even though they didn't run a campaign and were not supposed to be on the ballot. A perplexed Peter Mansbridge contacted the Aces' spokesman and professional chai wallah Aubrey after the votes were counted.



PM - Hello Aubrey. Can you please explain to Canadians, and especially to the people the Toronto riding of St Paul, just how the Black Aces - do i have that right? - pulled off this unexpected victory.

Aubrey - I'm sorry Peter, reception here in Kerala is not so great tonight. Also, I'm drunk. But I'm proud of the guys for running a great campaign.

PM - But that's just it, there was no campaign. No one can explain how they even got on the ballot. How do you explain it?

Aubrey - Sorry Peter, I have to go. I'm just about to dig into a really nice plate of aloo gobi and palak paneer. Go Aces!

Cut to: INTERIOR, A GIRLS BEDROOM. A LARGE 30-SOMETHING WOMAN IS FLOPPED ON THE BED, WRITING IN A DIARY. SHE IS WEARING WORK BOOTS AND TRACK PANTS UNDER A LUMBERJACKET AND A HAND-DRAWN BLACK ACES T-SHIRT.

Dear Diary, it's been months since I got fired from my sweet zamboni driving job at Phil White Arena, but I have spent that time wisely and tonight it all paid off. The Aces pulled off a victory in the election tonight, all because of me. And speaking of pulling things off, sure I had to go on a lot of 'dates' with a lot of guys (and the occasional girl) to lock up those votes but it was worth it. Now my Aces' crush will go out with me for sure, right after he removes that restraining order. I just know it. 
Go Aces!

No comments: